Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I tried to use the "Scan to folder" assistant to create the function. I shared a local folder on my computer, gave a user called "printer" the full access rights to the shared folder and tipped in the assitant mask the following:

networkpath (as it is shown in the windows properties:   \\mycomputername\sharedfolder

username: printer

password: the password I gave this user

Click "Save and test" and it appears every time "Network error", but every other option, even the EWS site is available at this moment. So I don't think, that the problem is the network at all.

Would you please help me?

Scan to folder is my favorit way to scan many documents per day.

And, as I read in some support sites, I realy can't figure out, how my smartphone with the HP Smart App should help me, as the phone won't and should never have access to my local shared folder on my PC.

Thank you,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ThomasLocomotiv

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you enable SMB on your computer. Follow the below steps to Enable SMB.

Programs and features > turn on windows feature > SMB 1.0 CIFS Server > reboot PC.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatelly, there is still the message "Network error" after activating SMB 1.0 and rebooting the PC. 

I'm really not sure, whats the problem - the network folder can be found and used by any other computer in the home network except the HP OfficeJet. I set the folder as free for everyone to write/read.

Thank you and have a great day. 

HP Recommended

Let's create a local account and then you may try to set up scan to network there:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

I already tried it with a dedicated user with admin rights. I called him "printer" and gave him the complete read/write rights as well as the OfficeJet the correct name and password to have access to.

May it be a problem that the printer is via WLAN in the network and the PC over LAN? But then, why does the other Laptop, which is also via WLAN in my Home Network included does not have any problem to connect to the "scan-folder" I shared with everyone in the network.

Thank you and have a great day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.