Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9025
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

I am using HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, both 13x18cm and 10x15cm. 

The problem is that when printing photos, it either only prints partially on the paper (i.e. two-thirds ink, the rest white), or it doesn't print at all on the paper. It's as if it's not gripping the paper properly, either at the start or part way through printing. I am placing the photos in the top tray as instructed, face down in a portrait orientation. I ensure the paper is pushed to the end of the tray against the two spikes, and I carefully insert the tray so the paper doesn't move.

One of my 13x18 prints must have dumped all the ink into the printer somewhere, because when it spat out the photo paper, there was nothing on it. There were instead 6 black bands on the back where ink had obviously been printed onto rollers and smeared on the back as it fed the paper through.

This printer is less than 30 days old so I wouldn't expect to have these issues on such a new printer!

I've tried printing both from MacOS and Windows. The printer has the latest firmware (MANHHIPP1N001.2010A.00), and is running the latest MacOS and Windows drivers given I only downloaded them within the last 30 days. This is my first HP printer having previously used an Epson which had none of these issues, and I'm very tempted to send this back and buy Epson instead.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jarrah31

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi There, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'll be glad to assist you.

Could you please let me know if you are facing the same issue while making a copy of a regular document?

Did you try using a different photo paper?

Try to print from a different application and check if you are facing the same issue?

Keep me posted.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

Good idea, I put some A4 paper in Tray 2 to test but it grabbed the paper with no problems.

I haven't tried different photo paper because it really should work with official HP photo paper. 

Printing from different applications will make no difference to feeding paper, it appears to be a mechanical fault. I have seen posts from other forums members with the same problem with this printer.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the details,

Please follow the below document for the paper pick issue.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-9020-all-in-one-printer-series/23918456/model/...

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I've checked the paper feed roller for the photo tray and given it a clean as suggested in the article. It's a brand new printer so those pickup rollers should be fine anyway.

Unfortunately it hasn't helped and I don't think it's related anyway. Focusing on printing a 4x6 photo, it picks up the paper ok all the time and proceeds to print 2/3 of the image. After a moment I can see the photo being fed into the output tray a bit at a time as it prints each row, but it then appears to stop being fed through even though the print head is still moving and printing. When the print has finished, the paper is still partially stuck in the output feeders and I have to reach in and forcibly pull it out. This is when I see that only 2/3 of the image has been printed, and always to the same location on the paper. For some reason the printer can't continue feeding the paper.

When printing, I'm selecting the 'Photo on Glossy Paper' preset, 4x6 borderless paper option, fill entire paper, paper type is Photo Glossy Paper, feeding from the Alternative tray (which is Tray 2), and choosing Best Quality.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@jarrah31

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I contacted HP support and they confirmed a replacement was required. As I was within 30 days of purchase, a new printer has been shipped. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.