Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro X476
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

hello to everybody,

today I bought new OfficeJet Pro X476 DW and the calibration procedure is still at 0% after an hour and a half...

I have inserted all the cartdridges, connect it to my network as it said in the installation guide that I can....

any ideas? can I reset the procedure? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Nace!

I just pulled the power out of mine and plugged it back in again and a page came out right away and now it's on 15% and moving upwards.....

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

seriously no ideas? **bleep**...

HP Recommended

Hi Nace,

What happened in the end? Did you sort this out - I have the same problem

Thanks,

HP Recommended
Hi,

No, after 2 days it is still 0%...tomorrow I am calling HP support (because they do not work through weekend in Slovenia) and if they can not give me any quick solution I am returning it...

And I am going to buy a Canon laser MFP which was my other choice before I bought this HP...

I will post their answer after I get it...

No problem...
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Ok I have exactly the same problem and this printer IS replacing a Canon MFP - i tried them twice, never again!

Have you tried to power it off or update the firmware?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hey Nace!

I just pulled the power out of mine and plugged it back in again and a page came out right away and now it's on 15% and moving upwards.....

HP Recommended

Annnnd it's finished and working fine now - all i did was kill the power and restart it.

I have installed the lastest firmware afterwards to be on the safe side - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5312602&swItemId=ij_136480_2&swEnvOid=406...

Good luck! Hope that works for you.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I did the same and now it is working! I did not want to unplug it before because it said in the manual (and on the screen of the device) that unpluging it is a last thing one should do...so I didn't...

anyway, thanks for the idea! i updated the firmware as you did even though it probably is not necessary...

oh, and thx for the comment about Canon...

BR

HP Recommended

Brilliant news!  Thanks for replying so quickly initially - as soon as I realised that you had been waiting for a day and a half, it made me reboot mine so a good team effort 😉

All the best!

HP Recommended

Thanks so much folks, I had the same thing happen and after two reboots, I'm home free.  I did the firmware update after too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.