Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi so i recently got an officejet 3830 and i have updated the drivers installed all the help programs for it and no matter what when ever i try to print from my pc it never prints ive have to print from my mobile or the HP connected printing so i know the printer works but for some reason with my pc wirelessly connected to the print its just not working, i ahve my pc directly connected to my router and the pritner is connected to the router as well. any help????

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @Raikato, Greetings!

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues while printing wirelessly from your windows laptop. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, click on “fix printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the printing issue.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Have a good day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

hello @dvortex i am actually not using a laptop i am using a PC. i have already tried to use the print and scan doctor and everything checks out but when i get to the test print page it does not print but the internal test print page does and i am asked to unistall and reinstall which ive done several times

HP Recommended

Hello @Raikato,

Thank you for your reply.

Follow the steps below to assign a manual IP and assign a new "port" to fix this issue:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address) Apply the settings and close the page.

After setting a manual IP address for the printer, add a printer port to Windows that matches this new IP address.

• Search Windows for devices, and then select “Devices and Printers” in the list of results.
  • Right-click the name of your printer, and then select “Printer Properties”.
  • The Properties window opens.
  • Click the “Ports” tab, and then click “Add Port”.
  • Select “Standard TCP/IP Port”, and then click “New Port”.
  • Type the printer’s IP address that you wrote down earlier, and then click “Next”.
  • Select the new “Standard TCP/IP Port” from the list, and then click “OK”.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup. Now try printing.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Dvortex,

Sorry for the late reply have not had time to test out your solution, but this still did not work i followed the spets precisely as you suggested to no avail when i tried to print a test document the print icon came up on the bottom right task bar but has no documents printing and the printer had nothing happe either

Thank you as always for the help

HP Recommended

Hello @Raikato,

Appreciate your efforts. Looks like some permission issues on your PC. Try the steps below:

• Press the "Windows logo key" + "r" to get  "Run" - Type "spool" and press ok.
  • Right-click on "PRINTERS" - Select "Properties"
  • Select "Security" tab. You will find few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save / Apply the settings.
  • Go to "Devices and printers", right-click on the new printer that you installed and select "Printer properties".
  • Select "Security" tab. You will find few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save / Apply the settings.
  • Restart your computer and then try to print.

Run the print scan doctor to clear the print queue and then try to print. That should work.

I will watch for your reply.

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The printer works when copying inserted sheets but will not print documents from computer.

HP Recommended

Hey there, i had the same problem as you did. Today i took the initiative to fix the printer and did everything that seemed reasonable to do to fix this, i did not follow that lengthy step suggested by HP because I know my printer is new and it shouldn't have an issues, however, my laptop comes up with new issues every other week. So, lastly, before deciding to give up, i decided to update the IP address from my laptop using the latest HP software on my laptop after re-installing it. Assuming it could have been an old version before this, which i guess helped. But, once i followed the IP address on the printer's settings, I managed to print it from my laptop ( using the same network as the printer is connected to). Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

WILL NOT PRINT FROM COMPUTER OR SMART PHONE. WAS WORKING JUST STOPPED

HP Recommended

@BIGALCOOK78

I'll be glad to assist you!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the operating system for better assistance?

Are you facing the same issue while making a copy? (if available)

Keep me posted.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.