Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please please help me, until today recently my printer was printing in color, but now it has suddenly stopped and the only thing that i had done to it before it stopped was change the wireless network.  I have done all the steps from https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/My-Officejet-3830-will-not-print-in-color-from-my-comp...  i have even restored it to factory default. however only when it does the print qaulity diagnostics or the print alignment page will it print in color, but if i try printing anything else it comes up black and white. and when i go to print preferences in devices and printer, or even print preview sections. I purchased this printer in March and my husband and i both use it for our own work

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have done all that as well I have even logged into the HP website to make sure that the printer was added to my profile I have checked all the settings put the printer in to factory reset make sure that it was connected to my HP smart app I'm at everything there was showing right although I did have to sign back in for some reason the ink is a brand new cartridge I have taken it out reinstalled it

HP Recommended

After first meeting this my printer somehow started printing in colour but now it's back to printing in monochrome and most of the settings have what looks to be a lock and I can't change anything

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.