2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet 3830 printer prints black only from windows, colour from iphone

HP OfficeJet 3830 e‑All‑in‑One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet 3830 e‑All‑in‑One Printer only prints in black from windows (win 10 64 bit) , but prints ok in colour from my iPhone.  I've reinstalled the drivers, no change.  I've seen a post here where it gave a routine for stripping out all traces of the Windows drivers before reinstalling, which would probably do the trick, but can't find it now.  Help welcome.

2 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
10658 698 1351
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

Go to Control panel – Programs and Features – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.

Go to Control panel – Devices and Printers – Select all the printer entries and remove the device(s).

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the Run window  - type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entries there as well.

Go to the Run window again, type – “c:/programdata” – go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
Martinbx Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, it worked!! I can now print in colour from both my windows laptops.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation