Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell Inspiron 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EDIT: Even though all the HP utilities-HP Smart and Print and Scan Doctor 5.3- said there was a connectivity problem, I decided to print a document. It worked!! So, for anybody who is having the same issues, try to print a page first. My only conclusion is, at least for my computer, the HP utilities are not working properly.

I have wifi via Xfinity using an Arris TG1682G modem as my gateway. I have tried all the advice:  Used HP Smart -driver error-, HP Print & Scan Doctor -won't connect, reboot everything-nothing works, added the printer using the WPS number on my computer, it always times out. Removed all the programs and reinstalled them. Used regedit to take out the HP entries. NOTHING IS WORKING. I don't know if the problem is on HP's end, Microsoft's end or XFinity's end, but these are the three main providers in the nation. Will somebody please give me a new idea that I can try?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A thought: I have ancient PSC1410 which up to a few days ago worked perfectly linking USB between laptop and PC as necessary (not networked). Now it remains offline, despite several uninstalls; HP Solutions message that completion of install not complete, reconnect USB.  Further investigation suggest the latest Windows 10 updates - 1909 - maybe the problem! Not sure but browser search highlights instances of problems, including printers due to above and the 1903 update causing glitches.

HP Recommended

Perhaps it is a Windows update problem. I'm just trying to help anybody, who is getting messages from HP utilities saying that there's a wifi connection problem, that they need to print a page anyway and see if it prints via their wifi. It did for me. Hopefully, HP and Microsoft can get this solved soon so that the utilities work properly and the consumer gets the right information.

HP Recommended

Sadly my  PSC1400 is old enough not to operate via wi-fi. Despite its age it is a better printer than successors I used. Hopefully with enough complaints the likely culprit, Microsoft with its interminable, updates and fix the problems affecting many printers of all makes and ages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.