Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I just bought a new OfficeJet 3833, and I installed it on Windows 10 64bit.

It prints and scans without issues via Wifi, but it doesn't print in color.
No issue for printing in color from iOS : the issue seems to be under Windows.

I applied David's solution (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Officejet-3833-doesn-t-print-in-color-with-Windows-10/...), uninstalled everything, cleaned Windows, restarted, reinstalled drivers: same result, grayscale only.

I tried HP Scan and Print Doctor 5.3.1: no issue, ink levels black and color are good, and my test page is grayscale.

No alert with HP Smart.

Last information: Windows 10, HP OfficeJet 3833 and HP Support Assistant are all up to date.

Thanks for your help
Jean-Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JeanMiK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand you are not able to print in color from your PC. Let us try these steps:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JeanMiK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand you are not able to print in color from your PC. Let us try these steps:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

many thanks for your solution : communicating with IPv4 is the solution !

Default HP Installation with WSD Port has an issue wich is to be corrected in next driver version.

Thanks again for your help !

Jean-Michel

HP Recommended

@JeanMiK

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

KUMAR0307  I found this solution as I had the same problem: and it worked brilliantly. 

MISN

HP Recommended

@MISN

That's great. The issue occurs due to a port mismatch after a particular windows update and adding the printer via TCP/IP port resolves the issue.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.