Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When utilizing duplex printing, a message frequently appears advising me to wait while the first side of the page dries before the second side is printed. 

This is unneccesary. I will often spool a 100-page document to the printer and use my computer to do other things while it prints. Having this dialogue box pop up in the middle of other work I'm doing is distracting at best and extremely annoying, particularly if it pops up just as I'm about to click something in the document I'm working on and instead hit the "OK" button in the dialogue box.

Please tell me there's some setting in Preferences or somewhere that allows the message to be turned off. I haven't located such a setting, but hope there is one.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Chicago_Charles,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid we do not have the option to turn off this message.

I will definitely look for one and will let you know if I find an option which enables you to turn the message off.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Chicago_Charles – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Let’s first try to fix this issue by installing the updated print/scan drivers. Try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL49512/mp-120050-6/OJ4630_Basicx64_198.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Nope, didn't fix the problem.

This is the dialogue box I'm referring to. 

2-sided Print in Progress.png

In May of this year, I ran the following installation files:

OJ4630_R1418A

OJ4630_198.exe

HPSupportSolutionsFramework-12.3.11.29.exe

I doubt that OJ4630_Basicx64_198.exe was much different, but I followed your instructions and installed it.

I'm looking for a way to turn off the referenced dialogue box altogether. I don't know who dreamed it up; it serves no purpose that I can see other than to annoy the user. It doesn't require the user to take any action. It's merely explaining why the printer has paused printing the job the user sent to it, which is a waste of everyone's time. It might be helpful for new users to adivse them that their printer hasn't stopped working, but after the first message, it needn't appear every time the printer pauses to let the ink dry before continuing. If I'm printing a graphics-heavy document of 100 pages, this message comes up nearly every page—that's 50 displays of this message during a print job.

Please, is there a way to turn it off?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @Chicago_Charles,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid we do not have the option to turn off this message.

I will definitely look for one and will let you know if I find an option which enables you to turn the message off.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.