Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I cut and paste  an item from the screen into MS Word (using the MS Win10 snip tool) the item shows correctly on the screen. But when I print it using my officejet 4630  it either enlarges the image so it does not fit on the paper,  or simply truncates the image and only prints out the top half.  This is not a paper feed matter as teh printer works fine on anything  else    I have tried pasting the image within a Text Box  and the same thing happens.  What I see on the screen is not what is printed  out.  This has only started happening recently so I updated the  the print driver but the problem still persists.   Has any one else experienced this sort of issue?  What does HP believe is the probelm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Allen4561

I came across your message about the HP printer issue and wanted to pop in to help 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while printing MS Word documents.

Since the issue is specific to the MS word package, then try these general steps to try and fix the issue:

1) Go to Control panel - Devices and printers - Right-click on Officejet 4630 and select "Printing preferences". Click on "Advanced" tab and make sure the "Advanced printing features" are enabled. Now try to print. If the issue persists, go to the next step.

2) Go to Control panel - Programs and features - Locate Microsoft office package - Right-click and select "Change" option. You will get an MS Office pop-up window. Select the "Repair" option and select "Continue". Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the office package. Once done try to print and check.

3) If the above steps did not solve the issue, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the MS Office package. Check here for instructions: http://hp.care/2eJmVyl

That should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @Allen4561

I came across your message about the HP printer issue and wanted to pop in to help 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while printing MS Word documents.

Since the issue is specific to the MS word package, then try these general steps to try and fix the issue:

1) Go to Control panel - Devices and printers - Right-click on Officejet 4630 and select "Printing preferences". Click on "Advanced" tab and make sure the "Advanced printing features" are enabled. Now try to print. If the issue persists, go to the next step.

2) Go to Control panel - Programs and features - Locate Microsoft office package - Right-click and select "Change" option. You will get an MS Office pop-up window. Select the "Repair" option and select "Continue". Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the office package. Once done try to print and check.

3) If the above steps did not solve the issue, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the MS Office package. Check here for instructions: http://hp.care/2eJmVyl

That should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi DVortex,  

Thank you for your suggestions and sincere apologies for taking so long to get back to you but I was effectively "off air" for the last few weeks.  I suspect that the print problem does indeed lie within MS Word as the whole MS Office Package prone to issues when running in Win 10 and this issue suddenly arose on a few days before I made contact.  Sadly MS no longer supports Office 2010 so  I started looking for solutions in this forum.

I tried Item 1 as suggested, but in the advanced tab all that came up were the  “Paper Output”, “Document Options” and “Printer Features” options. So I was not able to check if the Advanced Printing Features was on or off.  So no result on this.

Suggestion 2 I am constantly running the Office repair tool but tried it  anyway and no result.

So all I can do is uninstall and reinstall Office as you suggest.    

Thank you for your valuable input I am going to hit the thumbs up as it would seem to be a MS Office not an HP issue.

Regards

Allen4561

HP Recommended

Hi 

A wrap-up report on this issue.

It turned out, not surprisingly, to be a problem with MS Word.  Attempts to fix Word using the repair facility  did not work, But as suggested by HP staff,  uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office fixed the problem. 

Allenho4561

HP Recommended

I have the ENVY 5055 printer and the same thing is happening to me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling word and it's not working. I've chated with a support agent who said there is no fix. 

Is there anything I can do? I've only had the printer for a day, but I have to be able to print a word document with pasted graphs (I'm a math teacher). Otherwise I'll have to return it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.