Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4635
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi there! We recently had a power failure and the Officejet 4635 was plugged into a surge protector. The generator kicked on, then the next day, I got a series of error messages: 

First: ERROR CODE 0XB80005A8 

Then, I pressed the power button and got another -- 

Second: ERROR CODE 0X83C0000A

Then I completely unplug overnight and follow the re-set instructions I found on the forum, and got ERROR CODE 0XB80005A8  again. Now the printer will not turn on at all. 

Is there any saving this machine? Thanks so much! 

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@ejvanfleet

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 4635 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that after a power outage, the printer no longer works. There are a few error codes. I read that now the printer does not power on at all. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'll do my best to help you out.

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• Is there absolutely no light on the printer when you try to power it on?
  • Have you tried to connect it to a different wall outlet?

Meanwhile, if the printer has power, please perform the following steps:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now, you may remove the cartridges out and check if the printer displays an out of cartridge error or if the pinter is still stuck on the error codes. 

Finally, if the error codes do not go away then let us reset the printer. Resetting the printer will completely restore the printer to its original factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,

My HP Officejet 4635 had the same exact problem, getting the Error Codes 0XB80005A8 and 0X83C0000A. I tried to follow the reset instructions in the manual, but now I can't even turn on the printer. I checked with an electric tester and there is current going to the printer. Could you provide more guidance on how to reset the printer? I would greatly appreciate your help. 

Best regards,

Leo

HP Recommended

The Error message is 0XB8000530

I read the previous post. Followed the instructions. Printer did not come up by itself, I had to hold the start button down for it to restart. 

on/off button blinks. 

Error code change to 0XB865F178

I hope this helps you help me.

Thank You

Chuck

HP Recommended

See above.  the printer is on, not dead, but displaying the second error message

HP Recommended

When I remove the cartridge the printer stays stuck on the error message.

HP Recommended

Hi @D1-_1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "0x.." error. 

Let's try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After a power shut down,  my printer will not work.  It was attached to a surge protector, and everything else on the protector works fine. 

I did a re boot, as directed and plugged the  printer directly into the wall plate, which is a property grounded  outlet.

HP Recommended

I did all of the suggestions.  Now the Main window does come on but the bars do not move, and nothing happens. Not even  an error code. What should I do next?

HP Recommended

Should I try the suggested moves of unplugging the usb cable for three minutes.  Everything else works fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.