10-31-2017 11:03 AM
Hi there! We recently had a power failure and the Officejet 4635 was plugged into a surge protector. The generator kicked on, then the next day, I got a series of error messages:
First: ERROR CODE 0XB80005A8
Then, I pressed the power button and got another --
Second: ERROR CODE 0X83C0000A
Then I completely unplug overnight and follow the re-set instructions I found on the forum, and got ERROR CODE 0XB80005A8 again. Now the printer will not turn on at all.
Is there any saving this machine? Thanks so much!
11-01-2017 05:20 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.
I understand that you have an HP Officejet 4635 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that after a power outage, the printer no longer works. There are a few error codes. I read that now the printer does not power on at all. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'll do my best to help you out.
To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:
- Is there absolutely no light on the printer when you try to power it on?
- Have you tried to connect it to a different wall outlet?
Meanwhile, if the printer has power, please perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Now, you may remove the cartridges out and check if the printer displays an out of cartridge error or if the pinter is still stuck on the error codes.
Finally, if the error codes do not go away then let us reset the printer. Resetting the printer will completely restore the printer to its original factory settings. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂
03-30-2018 01:39 PM
My HP Officejet 4635 had the same exact problem, getting the Error Codes 0XB80005A8 and 0X83C0000A. I tried to follow the reset instructions in the manual, but now I can't even turn on the printer. I checked with an electric tester and there is current going to the printer. Could you provide more guidance on how to reset the printer? I would greatly appreciate your help.
10-27-2018 02:54 PM
The Error message is 0XB8000530
I read the previous post. Followed the instructions. Printer did not come up by itself, I had to hold the start button down for it to restart.
on/off button blinks.
Error code change to 0XB865F178
I hope this helps you help me.
11-30-2019 03:32 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "0x.." error.
Let's try these steps to reset the printer -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-12-2019 12:12 PM
After a power shut down, my printer will not work. It was attached to a surge protector, and everything else on the protector works fine.
I did a re boot, as directed and plugged the printer directly into the wall plate, which is a property grounded outlet.