03-23-2019 11:41 AM - last edited on 03-23-2019 03:39 PM by rick-s
My HP4650 also stopped printing colour a couple of weeks ago. I have tried the recommended solution, uninstalling the printer and drivers and then reinstalling, but the problem has not resolved, still no colour printing. I have tried the reinstall procedure 3 times without success.
When I print directly from my iPad, colour printing is working fine, but when I try to print from my Windows10 PC, I only get black & white.
The printer is able to make colour copies of a document by using the scanner. It seems like it is a software problem.
03-25-2019 03:14 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
Step 1 HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Step 2 Re-install the printer drivers -
1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2) Look for HP Printer software.
3) Right-click to uninstall.
4) In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5) In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6) Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8) Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10) Select Ok.
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12) Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13) Restart the computer.
14) Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15) Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue still persists, try installing the built driver. Refer to this document for steps.
Let me know how that goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
03-25-2019 09:07 PM
Thanks for your response.
I went through the procedure provided and reinstalled the print driver for my HP4650. I am now able to print a PDF document in color using Bluebeam; but when I print a JPEG, an Excel worksheet or a web page, I still only get blank and white.
03-26-2019 03:03 AM
Try creating a new user account and check if you are able to print from there -
1) Tap the Windows icon.
2) Select Settings.
3) Tap Accounts.
4) Select Family & other users.
5) Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6) Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7) Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8) Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9) Tap the Windows icon.
10) Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11) Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
I am an HP Employee
03-28-2019 07:21 PM
Thanks for your reply regarding my HP4650 printer.
I created another user account on my PC, as suggested, and did a print test. Again, I was only able to get black and white prints.
When I print directly from my iPad I am able to print in colour.
03-29-2019 01:09 PM
Have you tried adding the built in drivers as suggested in this document?
If the issue still persists, try adding an alternate printer driver using these steps -
1) On your keyboard press both the Windows key and R key together.
2) In the window that opens, type in the words "Control Printers" and then click OK. This will open the Devices and Printers window.
3) Right click on your printer and select Printer properties.
4) In the new window, make sure you are viewing the Ports tab, if not then click on Ports at the top. In the Ports tab, locate the name of the port that is currently checked. Write the name of this port on a piece of paper as we will need it later on. When you are done, close this window.
5) Back in the Devices and Printers window, click on Add a printer at the top of the window.
6) In the window that opens, click The printer that I want isn't listed.
7) Click on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.
😎 Click on Windows Update.
9) Once the Windows Update is done, click on HP under Manufacturer and click on HP Deskjet 990c under Printers. Click Next.
10) Give the printer a name.
11) On the next window, make sure Do not share this printer is checked. Click Next.
12) Leave the Set as the default printer option unchecked. Click Finish.
I am an HP Employee
12-22-2019 09:36 AM
For me a whole lot of the solutions recommended by HP did not work. This includes the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Here is what worked for me -> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Printer-no-longer-printing-in-color/m-p/7...