Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Incomplete spit out paper, so print over next page content on 1st page. what part need to replace to fix ??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@hyandrose, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, which device are you printing from?

Which application are you using to print?

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it is universal to all print, i use all the time Libreoffice, Web - Chrome, firefox, Incomplte print out is happening to PDF and all UNLESS i manually pull out the page

HP Recommended

@hyandrose, thank you for the response. 

Did you make a copy in black and color on the printer and check if the issue persists? This will help us to check if it is a hardware or a driver issue.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC(Win 8 and above)

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

Kindly refer to this document for more info on troubleshooting print quality issues.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printing quality of BOTH color and b/w are fine, only can NOT spit out completely and next page content's 1-2 lines are printed on 1st page which is NOT out completely. Also end of printing the machine is always repeat multiple times to recalibrate and making clunking sounds, so has to press either OK or Stop button.

HP Recommended

@hyandrose

If copies are printing out fine, install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how.

If Officejet 5510 is not available in the printer list under HP, select a generic driver such as Deskjet 990c.

Try printing.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed yr advice byRemoving 5510 drive from ADD & REMOVE programs, and reconnected USB cable diretly to Compter/Printer with Windows 10 - 1909 restart. which automatically reinstalled by Windows built-in print drive. it is same result.

HP Recommended

At the end of printing, alwasy saying on LCD screed "

HP Recommended

At the end of printing, always saying on the LCD screen "OPEN DOOR, CLEAR CARTRIDGES JAM" AND 3 LIGHTS OF "COPY, FAX, SCAN" ARE BLINKING. so I have to press OK all the time manually on every and each print out.

HP Recommended

@hyandrose

That's unfortunate. Please contact our HP Support team for further assistance as it possibly could be a hardware issue with the printer:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.