Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 5740e All-in-one Prnter

Why does Hewlett Packard not mention the use of the memory card slot in the " Memory Device Area " ? THe " Memory Device Area " is shown on the schematic drawing of the printer in the User Guide, but there are NO instructions on its function or use, NO mention of what adapter to use and NO mention of it in any part of the Index in the User Guide. The " Memory Card Area " also contains a USB port on the front of the machine, but there is no mention of its functions in the Printer. Can anaone tell me how to get this information ?  Customer Support seems to be clueless in this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Page 42 of the User Guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Page 42 of the User Guide.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, sabretooth04. I found a response from Jason_h in the Forum regarding how to use my Printer as a Memory Card Reader, but really appreciate your suggestions and help finding the page in the User Manual for scanning from my Memory Card to my computer. This is the first time that I have used the Forum to answer my questions regarding the operation of any device. The Forum is great.

HP Support stated that my 5740e would read Memory cards, (but not USB devices), for transfer from Card to computer, but my opening the link in the HP Network Drive or response from HP support should  answer my questions regarding what adapter to use for insertion of my little SD cards from my camera. He seemed clueless regarding the specifics of the device, but gave me a Trouble Ticket Number for further resolution.

Being a true neophyte and hesitant in these regards, I will proceed when I contact my advisor on selecting which Drive to assign to the task of opening the appropriate file(s) and how to proceed further.

Figuring out why HP had no mention of the Memory Device Area in their index is a real puzzler.

My old HP psc 2410xi had port for every type of Memory Card, but had failed a year ago, and died just last month. What a workhorse it was. The Manual for the 2410xi was complete in every phase of its operation.

I hope I can go back to your response and give you the KUDOS you deserve.

Yours in advancing electronics knowledge, mikegoincrazy

HP Recommended

I received an HP 5740 as a gift... I"ve been using an HP 7310 for 15 years... I'm tired of  printing on the 7310  b/c I keep getting ERRORS about my 2nd source Ink Cartridges (80% Cheaper then HP)...

So I want to upload some pix from my camera SD disc... but I can NOT find where the SD Port is... The 7310 had about 6 ports...  Where have you hidded the SD Port?  Anybody know?

Frustrated User

Kyd

HP Recommended

Did you read the User Guide?  I did and downloaded and read it.  Page 3 item 6 shows what you have.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5740-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617253/model/661...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.