Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6000 (E609A)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this printer for a long time (out of warranty) and have always used real HP ink cartridges. The cyan and magenta showed low, so I spent $242 and purchased two each of the 920XL cartridges for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black.  I replaced the Cyan and Magenta and then the warning light for Yellow started blinking so I went ahead and replaced it. The print tool said the yellow cartridge had a failure.  I reseated it a couple of times and got the sam message, so I assumed it was a bad cartridge. I used the second new cartridge and it gave the same message. So I put the old yellow (not XL) cartridge back in and the message was only that the cartridge was out of ink. I performed the printer reset - using both methods - once with the cartridges installed and once with them removed. Still shows the yellow cartridge with a failure.

So what next?  With the $242 spent on cartridges, I could have purchased a new printer. Returns are not allowed on opened ink packages.

Is there any other option?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cmadlrich Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that yellow ink cartridges failure.

Do not worry, I will try to fix the issue.

Please make sure that you have removed the orange color tape.

Please clean the contact of the ink cartridges and check for the issue.

Please, refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01713081

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

You really need to read and understand what I have written. I have done all the troubleshooting steps in the help documents. The final step says if nothing works the printer needs to be replaced. I am upset because the printer was working fine with standard 920 cartridges. The Yellow was not low on ink before I replaced the Cyan and Magenta with the 920XL cartridges. When I replaced the yellow with the 920XL, nothing worked from that point on. I have moved on. I traded in this printer and purchased a new printer. Amazon refunded my money I spent on the cartridges ($242 which was enough to purchase a good printer.)

HP Recommended

@cmadlrich  

Thank you for the update.

Please contact our phone support and get it to replace the ink cartridges. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.