Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 6210
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I have an HP officejet 6210 which so far worked like a charm for years.

I just made a print this morning, and in the afternoon the all in onez looks like a dead goose...

I can only put it on or off by putting/pulling the power plug .

When I do the ONLY thing it does is showing selftest and a black little bar run to the right of the screen and that's it.

No sounds, nothing not even the buttons don't react no more.

Tried with unplugging all power supply but no luck... Is there a way to bring it back to life ?

I know, it's an old machine, but it's not dead (yet)

Thank you for any help !

Best regards,

Frits.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@caplight, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the hard reset did not help, it could be hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your reply !

For the sake of double checking. Could you please explain how a hard reset is done ?

I might have done it wrong.

Thank you !

best regards,

Frits

HP Recommended

@caplight

Hard reset steps are as follows-

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I tried all of this but it didn't work out.

I've sended you an email with a vid attached so you see what the printer does ( or not ).

Attaching a vid here didn't work... 😕 it uses a link and can't upload the vid from my comp.
Maybe you can come up with a solution then hopefully.

Pls check yr mail. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@caplight, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have not received any email as such. But with the description, I can say that it is a clear hardware failure. 

I understand you want the printer to work, and hence, for further assistance, you can contact the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.