Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6230 ePrinter
macOS 10.15 Catalina

This is a fairly new printer, not long finished inks it came with so the ones in now are new (hp compatible not originals, due to price!)

I can print one page fine, then the next few will have streaks all through it.  I have cleaned the printheads multiple times as well as realigned etc.  Then it will print one more page ok before reverting back to putting lines across everything again.

I have used so much paper, such a waste!  Can anyone recommend something else to fix this issue?  I have tried to go through the troubleshooting 'help' from HP but not very helpful.  I have always had HP printers, always used compatible cartridges, never had a problem.

If I cannot fix then i'll have to ask for a replacement as it is under warranty

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Mandy23 

Hello,

Please update the printer firmware available below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6230/OJ6230_1827A.dmg

In order to resolve this issue, please follow the instructions in the HP link Fixing Poor Print Quality.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I tried to download this file but it won't open it due to

"Safari can’t open the file “OJ6230_1827A.exe” because no available application can open it."

I have the driver installed?

HP Recommended

@Mandy23 

Thanks for your return,

You'll have to excuse me because I didn't realize you were on macOS.

In this case, here is the good link to update your printer's firmware.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6230/OJ6230_1827A.dmg

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello

This did download but it says 

"This firmware Updater does not contain upgrades for your device"

HP Recommended

@Mandy23 

Thanks for your return,

This indicates that the printer firmware is already up to date.

Unfortunately, ink cartridges being non-HP the problem may be caused by this. But HP does not cover the use of non-HP ink cartridges.

Your printer has dynamic security. It only applies to ink cartridges equipped with an authentic HP electronic circuit. Ink cartridges with modified or non-HP electronic circuits may not work, and those that are currently operating may not work in the future.
For more information, go to Printers with dynamic security.

Try to contact HP to resolve this issue.
https://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans

Thank you so much or your help, I have now spoken to HP support and they are sending me a new printer as no-one can work out what the problem is!

Mandy x

HP Recommended

@Mandy23 
Thanks for your return,

That's why I asked you to contact HP directly.

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accepted as solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.