cancel
s10sleeper Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet 6700 Premium All-in-one will not operate when one cartridge is out of ink

On my officejet 6700 Premium, I have been having troubles ever since the magenta cartridge ran out.  I am unable to print even when set to using black only, it pops up on the screen giving me the option to order it or cancel, it also gives this pop up if I try to scan documents to save on my computer and even to try to fax.

I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1

I am at a loss on that and plan to buy a cartridge, but in the meantime all I need is to use black and also to scan documents.  Is there any way around this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4893 4841 576 800
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet 6700 Premium All-in-one will not operate when one cartridge is out of ink

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

You will not be able to print WITHOUT that magenta cartridge. Some printers (older models) can print certain colors without another cartridge in the printer. The reason why it is not printing because that magenta mixes in with all of the other cartridges to perform a true black. 

So if it was another cartridge, it would give you the same error message and will not print.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
0 Kudos
jjsmitty Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Old but new complaint.  I just replaced all the cartridges and the printer still says no ink in two of them.  I barely used this printer in the two years that I have had it, and have replaced the cartridges 3 times with the XL versions. Again, it says my cartridges are empty. THIS IS THE LAST HP INKJET PRINTER I WILL BUY!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation