Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet 6950, new, original HP cartridges installed, after colour cartridges supplied by purchase of printer were empty. The black cartridge seems to be functioning normally, but colour prints are no longer possible. Even the test page only prints black. The printer itself and the HP support programme on the computer indicate the cartridges are functioning and fully operational (and full). How to print colour??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Toines14

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I got to know from your post that you are not able to print in color and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy documents in color?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Could you also print a print quality test report and let me know if it has color in it. In order to print a print quality test report:

1.) From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

2.) Open the Reports or Tools menu.

3.) Touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Toines14

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I got to know from your post that you are not able to print in color and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy documents in color?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Could you also print a print quality test report and let me know if it has color in it. In order to print a print quality test report:

1.) From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

2.) Open the Reports or Tools menu.

3.) Touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Poor quality colour prints.  Can be improved by going through all the 4 cleaning print head rituals every time

HP Recommended

Tried Clean Printhead. Tried several times and all it does is print out the ABC  black and white page. Tried the Print Quality Diagnostic page and again, the results, no color.The color cartridges are all new. Shouldn't the printer alert me if the printheads are jammed, clog or broken? Can this be fixed? What are my options?  Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@MacBee1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you have the same printer, make sure you have tried all the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/model/96661...

Yes, if the printheads are not functioning well, the Printer will throw a message.

This could also be an issue with the new color ink cartridges. If you have any other set of color ink cartridges, do try that, if not, 

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not able to copy documents in color

I am connected wireless

There is not color on the Quality test report.

We changed all 3 of the color cartridges a couple of weeks ago. It initially printed well at that time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer

HP Recommended

@pbremer2141,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.