Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6954 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just installed a new set of ink cartridges into my printer.  It will print the colors, but anything that needs the black ink it won't print.  I have ran the cleaning process and every troubleshooting you can think of.  I purchased them in a pack at Wal*Mart.  They are HP brand though.  Any suggestions or a number I can call about this issue?  This is the first issue I have had with this printer and I have had it for about 2 years now.  I don't print often,  but now since my kids are doing school work from home due to Covid-19 I am relying on my printer more.  Also when I print an alignment page no black shows up and my printer asks me to scan so I try to do that and I'm assuming because there is no black on the page it says it can not detect the alignment page.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GingerHope

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy in black?

Have you tried all the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/model/96661...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all of these.  Except deleting the program and reinstalling it,  but it says to do that if you can't print in color.  My levels show that it is full and they are brand new cartridges.  I am printing in color just fine.  It's just the black is not showing up.  Should I just go to Wal*Mart and see about doing an exchange even though I have opened them or is there a way that HP can help me with this?

HP Recommended

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No

HP Recommended

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.