10-19-2018 10:02 PM
I have an office jet 6968. After changing the printer cartridges, black will not print. I have tried cleaning the print head cleaning, all three levels. Then tried clearing the vent on the print cartridge. Next I did a reset on the printer(unplugging power). And I tried doing the print head cleaning, all three levels.
I seem to be unable to get ahold of HP at this time as well. I need help.
10-21-2018 03:01 PM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
As per the document available here, power resetting the printer, updating the printer firmware, performing an automated and manual cartridge cleaning is the only way to resolve this issue.
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the printhead and ink cartridge electrical contacts, refer to step 3 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
7) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.
😎 From the printer control panel, open the Setup menu.
9) Open the Printer Maintenance or Tools menu.
10) Touch Clean Page Smears or Clean Smear.
11) From the printer control panel, open the Setup menu.
12.) Open the Printer Maintenance or Tools menu.
13.) Touch Clean Printhead.
14.) Touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning cycle.
15.) From the printer control panel, open the Setup menu.
16.) Open the Printer Maintenance or Tools menu.
17.) Touch Align Printhead.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-13-2019 05:26 PM
I have the same problem except the black prints, but none of the color cartridges print. I gone through all the recommended procedures several times, including uninstalling software and reinstalling, cleaning & realigning print heads . None of these changes anything. All the diagnostics readouts indicate that all's well. It seems all these type problems have begun with the latest update to windows 10, but no solution has been presented that fix my problem.