Ollopatrebor
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 7612 not working properly after firmware update

Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the printer automatically installed the OJ7612_1829A.exe firmware update,  it will crash after printing one page

with the menu buttons flashing and the screen showing "Please turn Printer off, then on". Before that, the error code 

C00F001 shows on the screen.  After it boots again it shows "Unable to send or receive faxes".

The error also occurs if I run a Fax setup test from the Embedded Web Server or wake the printer with the touchscreen.

Is there a way to reflash the printer's firmware or restore it to a previous firmware?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,583 18,489 1,059 1,161
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ollopatrebor

Welcome to HP forums, I see that printer is not working after firmware update.

This issue occurs if the firmware is not updated properly.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware again using a USB cable.

Refer this HP document updating the firmware:- Click here

Let me know ho wit goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ollopatrebor
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer is already on the lastest firmware update.  The firmware update program will not allow me to reflash the firmware since it is the lastest version.

I can get into the service mode of the printer, but I don't know the procedure to reflash the firmware from a usb stick.

I have already tried the semi reset mode in service mode, but it did not help.  I have read that performing a full reset will default back to the factory firmware, but I have not tried that yet.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ollopatrebor

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Ollopatrebor
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I generated a case number and contacted HP support.  The support representative told me there is no way to reflash the firmware on the printer.  Only if there is a newer version of the firmware can it be flashed.

I know there is a option to reflash the printer in service mode, so I can't believe there is not a procedure to actually use it.

I tried extracting the firmware software files and placing them on a USB but when I preform the reflash it can't find the file.  Maybe the firmware file needs to be renamed?

Does anyone know the procedure to reflash this printer using a usb stick?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ollopatrebor
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Talked to more HP Tech support.  They don't have the knowledge on how to reflash or roll back the firmware.

I did however research more on the internet and was able to find the procedure to flash the firmware of the  printer using netcat.  I rolled back the firmware 2 versions but unfortunately I still have the same problems.  In the HP Event log under Embedded WEB Server, it keeps displaying Event # 69666 "firmware error".  I believe the flash IC is faulty so it is not correctly programming.

I think I will disable automatic updates from now on.  I appresicate that HP rolls out security updates, but for older hardware there is always the risk of bricking the unit.

Time to buy new printer.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ollopatrebor

Thanks for writing back to us.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
KarKal
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After firmware upddate to EXM1CN1829AR from 31 lip 2018 my Officejest 7612 dosn't work.

Error number: 0xc19a0035

I  have a message about the lack of a printhead, it has not been detected or it has been incorrectly installed.

I can not restore the factory settings because the display is locked and all buttons.

What can I do?

Can you set to me older version of firmware?

0 Kudos
Jeffreybp
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My officejet 7612 can not scanning. After a scan when the sensor back to position, the message will be printer can not scan. This happen after updating the firmware.

0 Kudos
Gilgames56
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

kindly ask for help;

my 7612 hp printer stopped to work after change of non origina cartridge.

Reading on the Forum seems ton have to downgrade the firmware but on HP Site this is not available.

Somebody would help me?

Thanks in advance,

Maurizio

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation