Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet 8600, Dell XPS 8900, Windows 10 (64 bit) Check says all software and firmware is up to date.

Using Word in Microsoft Office 365 - Subscription is current.

Trying to print contact info on 7x13 glossy flyer handouts. Information needs to print in bottom left corner.

Custom Paper Size set to 7x13.  Margins set as follows: Top 5.1, Bottom 0.5, Left 0.5, Right 10.25 (No Headers or Footers)

Print on the flyer and the left margin is fine but the top margin prints at 4.25. (Roughly 3/4" too high)

Take the flyers out and put in 8.5x11 paper. All setting left the same including 7x13 paper size. Only thing changed is the paper in the tray and the paper holders. Print on the 8.5x11 paper and the printing is in the right position for the flyers.

Put the flyers back in and the top margin is again printing at 4.25 instead of 5.1. 

Tried un-checking the box at File/Options/Advanced/Print/Scale Content for A4 or 8.5x11 paper sizes and it didn't make any difference. (Recommended for another 8620 or 30 margin problem) 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JimT16, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be an issue with the installed drivers. I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  Followed your directions but had trouble removing drivers.  Printui wouldn't let me remove the 8600 driver saying it was in use even though the printer had been deleted, was turned off and the computer had been rebooted.  Finally used CCleaner and removed everything I could find that related to HP.  Ended up with one lone 8600 file that had been installed 3 years ago (probably when I first set up this computer) that wouldn't delete. (Which is probably what is causing all my problems) 

Went ahead and tried doing the install (multiple times) and it would hang and not recognize the printer which is on the home network. (Has been since installing on this computer and worked fine except for the margin problem on one brochure) When It didn't find the printer it asked for the printers IP address which I would put in but it wouldn't accept it.

Read somewhere to install using a USB cable then change it over to network.  Purchased a 16' USB cable which got it installed, more or less.  Clicked on the HP Desktop Icon and it goes to the install program again and hangs at the network install. 

I can print from Word but I can't run the scanner from the computer which I could do before with no problems.  If I go to Start>IRIS it offers to sell me ReadIRIS at a discount which I would do but not if I can't solve the printer problems.

All in all, it's been a FUN week.

PS: Purchased labels and printed them for the brochures but, not very professional looking compared to direct printing.

HP Recommended

@JimT16

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Let us try the steps below-

Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Assign manual IP to the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ

Tried clearing the spooler and still no luck. 

There is an older file that is preventing me from uninstalling the last 8630 software that I can find on the system.  Every time I run the uninstall, it tells me I need to be the Administrator. I am the Administrator. I understand on Win 10 there is a top level Administrator that is hidden / locked out or whatever you want to call it.  Have tried the various options that activate it with no luck. Keeps telling me I need to be an administrator.

What happens if I just go in and delete the file:  \hpwia_oj8630.inf_amd64_78e95ce46df05fd\hpwia_oj8630.inf

It’s located in the System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

HP Recommended

@JimT16

Thanks for replying!

This further requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.