Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've enabled the Amazon Alexa HP skill for my printer and linked my HP account to Alexa - it's shows linked. When I ask Alexa to print my shopping list or anything else it's capable of doing, Alexa responds that it's sending the job to the printer, but the printer never prints anything. Immediately afterward, I go to the printer and use the menu to look at print jobs it's received and nothing is there. Extremely disappointed this feature does not function as advertised when I've completed all the necessary steps for it to function. Has any one had this problem, and what may I do to fix this issue? I'd hate to have to return this printer for a function that's not working. Note, I have no other issues with any of my other linked devices to Alexa (thermostat, smart bulbs and smart plugs - apparently, just this new HP printer.) 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wingnut86

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

After asking Alexa to print content, the print job does not print. Make sure your printer can print normally from a computer or mobile device before performing these steps.

If you need help reconnecting your printer to your wireless network, go to No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change.

NOTE: 

United States only: If you are unable to print content from another skill, confirm the content prints correctly using the HP Printer skill, and then contact the provider of that skill for additional support.

1. Say, "Alexa, ask my printer to print a Help page" to make sure the service is working correctly.

• If the page prints, review the available content and supported voice commands, and then try to print the content again.

• If the page does not print, continue troubleshooting.

2. Open the Alexa app, tap the app Menu icon , and then select Activity.

3. Find the card for any recent HP Printer Skill request, and then locate the printer model on the card.

4. Confirm that the printer model on the card matches the printer model you are using.

• If the printer models match, wait a few hours, and then try printing again. If the issue persists, contact HP Customer Support.

Refer to this document for more: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05330917

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'd like to start by saying thank you for your input, but as  you can see from the description of my problem, my only issue is getting the HP Alexa skill to function properly - it does not. I have no other print problems at this time. It's odd that I've seen a multitude of other complaints from HP customers that have the same sort of problem going back to 2018, yet obviously HP has not been able to fix this issue, and it seems that all their customers get the same canned responses from tech support that obviously can't fix a broken HP skill app. If HP actually listened to their customers and fixed these problems when they are discovered, there would be no need to tech support to send the customers links of troubleshooting steps that are not applicable and can't fix the problem - this should also be know by tech support since this problem is over a year old. I've already spoken to or been in contact with at least four different individuals at HP, and none of them were able to give me any information to fix this problem. What needs to happen is that this broken skill app needs to be fixed by HP. It really does make me feel that HP is declining in what they do to support the functionality of the service features of it's printer products. I did discover, through my own research of trial and error, that some of the skill functions do work such as printing the daily crossword puzzle or Crayola kids art. This is further evidence there's some problem with the skill app. It just will not print shopping list or to-do list. Either the coding to process the request could be flawed or it's not seeing that it has the permission to look at the list in order to print them (yes, it has been given that permission-don't bother saying check that). Since I've eliminated that, it's very doubtful that it's a problem with the web services since it does process other skill request. Hopefully this can help someone at the team responsible for overseeing the functionality of the skill app fix the problem. I retired from the calibration and repair tech field, and worked on many HP pieces of tech equipment over the years and thought their technicians and engineers were outstanding when I spoke to them about any flaws in their product or calibration procedures. They were extremely prompt in addressing and correcting those issues. These days though are a drastic change in that such a simple problem can't be isolated and fixed after in over a years time - it's absurd. Just to highlight how things have changed in the culture at HP, the Smart function of installing the printer also didn't function properly, it hung up during the install. I had to close it out and manually install the software for my product since that option was given to me on that page. I did a Google of that issue and HP customers have been having that problem for a long time.  Seriously? And yet after all that time, even that's not fixed. This simply doesn't do much for the image that HP is creating in my mind these days. I had a previous printer product for six years and didn't have those sort of problems with it. It worked great until the printer head just wore out. On the plus side, the hardware seems to been OK (rollers do seem a bit too squeaky), at least at the moment, but it's too new to tell yet about durability.

HP Recommended

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.