12-07-2019 05:39 PM
Hi. I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 printer that was recently installed on my wireless network. (In fact, it's the 3rd one this year as the first one I bought had to be replaced under warranty because of scanning issues, and it's replacement also ended up having scanning issues. But hopefully this one won't have scanning issues (doesn't so far)).
I connect one Dell laptop to the printer, and it can print and scan fine: from HP Smart, from directly in docs, by going to the printer in Control Panel and printing a Test page. All works fine.
When I connect a second Dell Laptop, it also connects to the printer and prints/scans fine. But the first laptop now thinks the printer is Offline. HP Smart still sees the printer as Ready, but when you print, it just places the print job into the print queue and it just sits there and the printer itself is listed as Offline.
I have tried the following:
- reboot both printer and both laptops, multiple times
- installed printers on both laptops, removed printers from both laptops, installed again, removed again, install again... and it still behaving the same way.
- I've installed and deleted and reinstalled HP Smart on both laptops several times.
- I have updated drivers, started and stopped the printer spool (rebooting does the same thing)
Here is the order of how things happen:
1. install printer new on one laptop.
2. install HP Smart
3. successfully print and scan to and from the laptop using HP Smart or directly from apps
4. since this is working fine...
5. go to 2nd laptop and do the same.
6. prints just fine.
7. return to 1st laptop, and windows (not HP Smart) sees the printer as Offline.
Any help or ideas on what to try would be greatly appreciated!