Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi there,

I have a problem with my printer. All the options are greyed out on my printer and locked. I have restored factory setting on my printer setting on my computer and now I can't even connect the printer to the wifi... I can't do anything with it. How do i reset the printer completely and remove the administrator locks?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wallance 

Hello,

Are you enrolled in HP Instant Ink?
I'm asking you this because if you are, I can't have you reset with a menu you don't know.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Nope I am not. I was able to semi-reset the printer and reconnect it to the internet. However, multiple functions on the screen is still locked by administrator... If you could please assist, Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Wallance 

Hello and thanks for your return,

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.