Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I run a small business and just started using this printer. I'm trying to print on the Avery 22808 Labels. I used the Avery Online system to create the labels and run the print job.  I've had no trouble with alignment on any other printer with these labels.  The Officejet is skewing the graphics upward and pushing the upper part of the image out of the label. 

I've tried the typical suggestions of putting them on top of roughly 25 sheets of paper, I've tried setting the paper weight to a heavier weight. So far nothing has helped and I need these labels today! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tonya

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tonyasams1424

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting alignment issues while printing labels HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Make sure the labels which you are using is supported by this printer.

Click here and refer paper-handling specifications in the document to check if the labels which you are using is supported.

Meanwhile:

Align the printhead.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Printer Maintenance, touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

An alignment page prints.

Figure : Example of an alignment page

Example of an alignment page

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I bought this printer and some 1 inche sticker paper, and am using the thick paper setting. It also gets skewed upwards for me. Performing alignment didn't help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.