Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 7740 wide format printer

Printer has stopped printing and communicating with PC

There is in an error saying that the DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE. At one point I did see a reference to a WIA driver. Currently just says driver unavailable.

OPERATING SYSTEM: windows 10 PRO 

I have

uninstalled software

Reinstalled software (online and from original disc)

WIFI connection is working and is connected on printer and computer

I have done a scan doctor 

I have troubleshooted

I have tried downloading print drivers

I have tried downloading drivers from HP website

Both machines have been restarted a number of times

Not sure if this happened after a windows update

Printer is printing out diagnostic sheets from the touchscreen on the printer, but printer and pc not communicating. 

I have no technical knowledge, and at this point have gone around in many circles. 

Would really appreciate some guidance. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP telephone support have fixed this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.