Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8000 wireless printer bought a few years ago, but didn't get to use it until this week. The software disc that comes with the printer is not working anymore, so I have to download the software/driver from HP website (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8000-printer-series-a809/3760400).

The installation went smothly unitl I connect the printer to my computer to transfer the wireless setting. It shows the wireless setting was successfully transfered to the printer. But the last step of installation was to print a few testing pages, but the printer just kept printing a few characters each page (some pages were even blank) until running out of paper. At that time, I turned off printer and restarted so to stop the endless printing.

Everything seems normal at that time. But once I tried to print anything from my computer, the printer did print, but showed error afterwards with the resume button light flashing and all ink catridge lights turned on. I have to turn off and restart the printer to get it ready again. If I print multiple pages, the error will come on after just printing 2 pages....

It's really frustrating with this printer. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

>  printer bought a few years ago...

Your ink has dried up.  Replace all cartridges with new HP cartridges.

HP Recommended

Even the catridges were just installed? I know I bought the printer a few ago ago, but the never opened the box and installed? And the prints from the printer looks normal colorwise.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link! I did what's suggested from the link for expired cartridge: press+hold Power, and press Resume buttom 3 times, now it worked! Thanks

HP Recommended

I have a similar situation.  Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless, Windows 10.  Prints fine from MSWord, MSEdge.  Will not print from MSExcel.  All in MS Office 365 Business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.