10-30-2018 01:24 PM
Attempting to change the black ink cartridge, which I have done many times. The new HP cartridge is not recognized. The ink level bar remains empty. Cannot print a test page. I've turned the printer off and on. Unplugged it and plugged it in again. I'm at a loss.
11-01-2018 03:24 PM
A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
Power resetting the printer and cleaning the cartridge electrical contacts may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to solution 3 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-03-2020 12:05 PM
This did not work for me, it still is not recognized. Your troubleshooting guide says to take the printer to a service center next. Do you have any other suggestions?
How can I return the four cartridges I just purchased.
01-06-2020 10:21 AM
@8100cartridge, Welcome to HP Support Community!
If you have already performed the steps from the document Ink Cartridge Errors and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer or ink replacement.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee