Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new printer has got networking turned off.

I understand the solution is a factory reset.

However there is no reset option in any of the menus.

I saw one solution which said press the Back button 4 times immediately after powering on the printer.

I can print via usb but none of the utilise for the PC seem to have a reset option. 

Any suggestion welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to reset the printer using the following which was posted for another HP printer.

The trick seemed to be not to press the go back during or immediately after reboot. I also think the usb cable was unpluged.

1. Press the "Go Back" (looks like an arrow) button 5 times in a row
  2. Press Support Menu
  3. Hit the > button to "Reset" Menu
  4. Hit the > button to Partial Reset

To HP's credit I got a private message with a toll-free number, however the Tech assistant insisted on prowling around my pc and commenting on how many service stopped despite the fact that I told him repeatedly that the problem lay in the printer and it need to be reset. 

In the end, I panicked thinking it was a scam and cut him off. I am sorry if I was rude.

Geoff

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I managed to reset the printer using the following which was posted for another HP printer.

The trick seemed to be not to press the go back during or immediately after reboot. I also think the usb cable was unpluged.

1. Press the "Go Back" (looks like an arrow) button 5 times in a row
  2. Press Support Menu
  3. Hit the > button to "Reset" Menu
  4. Hit the > button to Partial Reset

To HP's credit I got a private message with a toll-free number, however the Tech assistant insisted on prowling around my pc and commenting on how many service stopped despite the fact that I told him repeatedly that the problem lay in the printer and it need to be reset. 

In the end, I panicked thinking it was a scam and cut him off. I am sorry if I was rude.

Geoff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.