5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8500 910A

officejet pro 8500 910A
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer stopped printing over wifi.  I have a MacBook Pro with latest software.  I have followed all the steps to get it to work including reinstalling the network, restarting the router, printer, laptop, etc.  all to no avail.  I can print if I connect the laptop to the printer with a usb cable.  When connected via wifi, the HP EWS can connect and the printer utility connects also. the HP Smart software also connects.  When I try to print, I get a message either than the printer is offline or that it cannot communicate with the printer.  I have made sure the printer and laptop are on the same network.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

1 REPLY 1
ronr47
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8500 910A

So, I decided to restore the network setting on the printer to factory settings and reconnected the printer to the network and now it works.  I guess I did not try everything!  Oh well, it is working fine now.  Also, I found that I needed to use either Printopia or HandyPrint to print.  Both are inexpensive ($20 & $5 respectively) and they work great.  They both offer free trials for 7 and 14 days, respectively.  This is the first time in a long time that I can print using my iPad or iPhone.  Well worth the small investment.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation