Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My brand-new officejet pro 8600 plus is printing horizontal lines every inch or so in my color copies. Looks like it's either overlapping or missing a line of ink at regular intervals. I'm using Mac OSX 10.5.8. Just bought the printer today & upgraded it to the latest firmware version. Any advice?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello reva29.

Please, check this document.

Cheers!

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
HP Recommended

I am getting light streaks about 1 inch apart on my color copies. I just recently loaded a new yellow cartridge and I do not know if that has anything to do with the streaks or not. Does anyone have any suggestions how of how to do away with the streaks?

Thanks 

CJRidings

HP Recommended

Hello CJRidings. Here is a document for troubleshooting vertical lines on copies and scans: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02881567

Please let me know if you require more assistance or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I too am having horizontle lines every inch or so.  I tried all the troubleshooting steps but looks like it is from the print jet head not matching up on swipes.  Setting the quality to BEST rather than NORMAL solves the problem but then the print is slower and uses more ink.

How can I get the lines out?  

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  It happened with my last HP printer as well... which is why I bought this one.  This will be my last HP printer.

HP Recommended

My new HP Officejet Pro 8600 prints multiple pages in one or overlapping to the next page.

HP Recommended

HP expert, where in the document you say to follow explains exactly how to get rid of the HORIZONTAL line on my copies where there is a heavy density of ink.  The lines are visible about an inch apart and total nine to ten on an 8.5 X 11 inch copy.  It doesn't matter if I am printing a picture or a document where the page uses a lot of ink. 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I am trying to print from a file from Windows 10.   I can't get rid of theh lines.  Help

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, I've had this printer for over a year and just now have this issue.  I've reset and cleaned throughout but I'm wasting so much ink on bad pages with lines.  PLEASE HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.