Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Like others I am trying to find a replacement printhead without success. The links given by HP for parts return nothing . I found one source which for the last year reports that HP still says the part will be in stock in 4-5 months! HP said the printhead part number was HP CR322A. Back on their website the link now returns part number CM750A. Would anyone be able to tell me which is correct? Also, I have found on secondary sources a few printheads but without the starter ink cartridges. From what I read you have to have these. Is that correct or can you load regular ink cartridges 950/951?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dar06 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are looking for a printhead for HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

I would suggest you contact phone support in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I will try again with their support. HP said that the do not sell the part directly and the information I followed up on that they gave me has led me nowhere.

HP Recommended

Praveen196

I have followed the steps in your suggestion and after entering all the specific information I am not given the option for HP a phone support number or a Chat option. The only option is to come back to this Support Community. I am really at a loss as

I purchased, as indicated on the front of the unit, an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium - product #CN577A and the HP serial number search says I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - product #CM750A. I need to replace the printhead and I now have, from two different sources, conflicting information. I don't know if the printhead part number for this HP printer CR322A OR CM750A? 

HP Recommended

@dar06

I understand your concerns.

CM750A is your product number and CR322A is your printhead part number.

As of now, the printhead part is not orderable from the HP stores. 

You can contact local stores to order the parts. Or you can contact our phone support.

Please click the below link to contact phone support.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-printer-seri...

You have to enter the printer serial number to get the contact option. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.