Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I purchased a new printhead, authentic HP, and I'm still getting horizontal lines in all colors, except for Black, which works perfectly.   I have aligned, cleaned, and tried every other troubleshooting method there is.  IMG_1704.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Printing a picture on a plain paper would show up the white lines. In such cases you may either have to use a photo paper to print a picture OR if in order to print on plain paper, change the print mode to "Best".

Below is the document ( don't miss out the step 5 ) 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/432...

Try printing a Print Quality Diagnostic Report using the front panel ....

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.
  2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow (>

) to display additional options.
  3. Touch Setup (

), touch the Down Arrow and then touch Reports
  4. Touch Print Quality Report. The Print Quality Diagnostics Report prints.
I'd suggest you to check for the ink levels. Make sure they are more than 25% for each color. Try performing CLEAN Printhead for 3 times. 
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Jabzi, but unfortunately, it happens no matter what mode I'm in, what kind of paper I'm using, photo or otherwise.  The pic I posted was the result of the printhead cleaning.  I'm forced to use black ink only.  All the cartridges are new HP cartridges.  I don't want to have to buy another print head cartridge since this is now doing the same thing as the one I recently replaced.  I don't know why only the black works, and not the colors.  Maybe it's time for a new printer... 

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you have exhausted all the possible standard troubleshooting to fix the issue.

In order to narrow down to find out if the printhead is faulty or not, one would suggest you to use a new HP Cartridges. But since you have already done that and the issue still exists, hence its an issue with the printhead.

Generally the Printhead would not go bad so soon.

Since you bought the printhead recently, i guess you should contact HP Tech Support in your region for more assistance.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.