Did you mean: 
Chris_P1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8600 not recognising new cartridge

Officejet Pro 8600

Our Officejet Pro 8600 showed a message stating that the black ink cartridge needed to be replaced. We replaced it with a genuine, in date HP 950XL cartridge but the printer is not registering it and the message still states that the black cartridge needs to be replaced. We've cleaned the print head and the page it then prints out when the process is finished shows the black ink working but when we print out a separate printer report it shows the black ink as depleted. We have tried hard resetting the printer by powering off, removing the cartridges and powering back on but no difference. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,386 18,294 1,048 1,151
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8600 not recognising new cartridge

@Chris_P1

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the ink cartridge contacts

1. Turn the printer on.

2. Open the door to access to the ink cartridges.

3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

4. Push in on the front of the ink cartridge indicated in the error message, and then remove it.

Animation of replacing the ink cartridges

5. Wipe the electrical contact on the ink cartridge with a lint-free cloth.

6. Insert the ink cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place.

7. Repeat these steps for any other ink cartridges indicated in the error message.

8. Close the ink cartridge access door.

You can refer this P document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation