Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your time and patience but we are not making any progress.

I will restate my issue in simpler terms and provide what I have done so far to try to resolve this issue.

Bottom line:

• Printer is shown as being connected via the icons in the printer display panel, BUT the BLUE WiFi light next to the display is NOT lit.
  • Accessing the router device list show the staus of the printer as being ON
  • Computers (Desktop and Laptops) will NOT detect the printer.

Actions performed so far:

• Verified that Firmware is current
  • Unplugged power cable (both ends), waited 60 seconds and plugged back in
  • Reset to factory defaults and re entered data to connect to the router. Same results, no blue wifi light.
  • Used Embeded Web Server to manually establish an IP address and verified change with Network Configuration Page
  • Performed hard reset per your last suggestion.
  • Went into the router setting and disabled security setting temporarily.

Results:

No change, still no blue WiFi light

Thanks again for your assistance.

HP Recommended

OK, My Bad.

I just realized that when i changed the Auto IP address to a manual one, I failed to go back into the computer control panel, delete the existing printer and install the printer with the new IP address.

After doing that, I am now able to print from all devices. I can't explain whix fix actually worked but glad one of them did.

But, I still do not have a blue wifi light on the control panel. I can see where it is supposed to be but it is definately not lit at any time. Maybe it's just burnt out.

Anyway, we're printing again. Thanks for all your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @larry_o ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a Mac OS  - will these directions still work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.