Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there, Can I seek help regarding the problem of my printer. During the setup it shows "use setup cartridge error" but I don't have anymore the setup cartridge. Please give me advise on how to correct it by bypassing the setup cartridge.

Any inputs will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @lasermark75,

Try to unlock the printer as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, click once on the location of the back arrow (the arrow is inactive).
  2. Click once on the location of the house (the house is inactive).
  3. Double-click the location of the back arrow (the arrow is inactive).
  4. A hidden menu will appear Support menu.
  5. Scroll to System Configuration Menu and confirm with OK.
  6. TradeatOOBE will be displayed.
  7. Press OK to display TRADE.
  8. Press the On/Off button once (the printer will not go off and the display will show NO TRADE).
  9. Press the back arrow four times to return to the printer home screen.
  10. Press the Power button to turn it off and on again.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,🤗

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @lasermark75,

Try to unlock the printer as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, click once on the location of the back arrow (the arrow is inactive).
  2. Click once on the location of the house (the house is inactive).
  3. Double-click the location of the back arrow (the arrow is inactive).
  4. A hidden menu will appear Support menu.
  5. Scroll to System Configuration Menu and confirm with OK.
  6. TradeatOOBE will be displayed.
  7. Press OK to display TRADE.
  8. Press the On/Off button once (the printer will not go off and the display will show NO TRADE).
  9. Press the back arrow four times to return to the printer home screen.
  10. Press the Power button to turn it off and on again.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,🤗

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended
Hello Mans,

I Tried the step by step  procedure that you sent to me but it doesn't work, step 1 to 8 are okay but on step no.9 at the time I press the arrow back button 4 times it doesn't goes back to home menu. Is there any other option I can do.

best Regards,
lasermark75
HP Recommended

@lasermark75 

Hello and tank you for return,

In that case, please disconnect the printer then re-connect it up and switch on.

Then, prove the state of error of the printer.

Do not hesitate to solicit us if necessary.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Mans,

I've got it, its working now. I tried to did Semi full reset of the system and follow the procedure that you sent. Now the setup cartridge error had been corrected.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

lasremark75

HP Recommended

@lasermark75 
Hello and thank you for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP Community Support.

Congratulations!

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.