Goal27
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8610 Damaged Cartridge Problem

office jet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to print and error message pops up on my printer. Catridge damage on the red and black ink. Not sure why this pops up since i just used the printer that other night.

I tried to update the firmware and it looks like its been updated.  Any suggestions on why this could have happend? How can i fix this issue? Do I need to purchase a new printer?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 559 600
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Goal27

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. (Without the ink cartridge)

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Clean the printhead

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

CAUTION:

Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are not installed. To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead or that can damage the ink system, always replace ink cartridges as soon as possible, and always turn off the printer using the Power button.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Tools, and then touch Tools.

4. Touch Clean Printhead. There are three cleaning stages. A test page (different from the Print Quality Diagnostics page) prints between each cleaning stage. Do not use this test page for analysis. Touch No when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning.

NOTE:

Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal.

5. Print another Print Quality Diagnostics Page to determine if the issue is resolved.

Calibrate the linefeed

Use an automated tool to calibrate the linefeed.

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.

2. Swipe the display to scroll to Tools, and then touch Tools.

3. Touch Calibrate Linefeed.

4. After the printer prints a test page, touch OK, and then recycle or discard the test page.

5. Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...

Then, restart the printer. Try to print.

If the issue persists, I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Larrymtl
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any other tips would be appreciated as provided solution did not work...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation