Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I feel like I'll be banging my head against the wall having seen and felt exactly what an abundance of people looking for help have put up with, anyway.

HP Officejet Pro 8610, 4 years old (so yes out of warranty), casual use, well looked after and maintained, only on 3rd set of ink cartridges. Tried to print today and received;

"The printhead appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed"

Well, it's not of those. It's there and hasn't been touched, moved or damaged in 4 years. From a quick research this is a very common issue that tends to drive those with it, insane due to lack of support.

Why am I livid? Firstly, the HP website(s) are the biggest load of crap I have ever come across. I have been round in circles, to dead pages, non-existing pages got absolutely no where in a vain attempt to get support, I guess the support mechanism of your website is in line with my printerhead, it doesn't exist or is broken.

I have had a registered account with HP for years, I registered all my products, yet it can't find anything of them when looking them up for support via serial, or HP assistant. Constant dead ends. There is no apparent way to contact support be it chat, email, phone, despite seeing all of these are supposedly available they are just impossible to find/get to. My serial number isn't recognised, half the time it says HP website is down or having issue. Nothing bloody works and I have literally wasted 3 hours trying to resolve the issue and then finding adequate support.

I have followed every single bit of available advice (on HP) and none of it has worked, specifically in regards to turning off/on, removing and resitting printerhead (multiple times).

The automated support features on the website are absolutely appalling so I pray to god I an get a helping hand here from someone because I'm ready to put my head through a window.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@unknown321

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Awaiting message, thank you.

HP Recommended

Ok, this perfectly sums up why I am livid. It is a continuation of things like this that drive me absolutely crazy.

@MichaelSoMe

You have sent me a private message and requested information, great, I attempt to respond by filling in the information.

I receive an error about HTML format, message won't send. I re-do the message and get; (i'm not using html)

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Are you intentionally making this as difficult as possible for me?

hp-error.jpg

HP Recommended

For anyone else coming here and seeing the abundance of support requests, like this, with very poor or non-existant outcomes, please be reminded this is what you have to put up with, on loop.

So some FINALLY comes back to me via e-mail and you know what they're response/solution is? THIS;

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting HP Technical Support.

Please open the following document and try those steps: xxxxxx

Let me know if anything changes about the situation or if it will show you the same error message. Do not do Solution Three, only the first two.

My response, which has been sent and will gladly post here;

Hi,

Thanks for coming back. I'm not going to lie. I am annoyed, beyond annoyed now. Do you not understand what brought me to this exact moment where we are now? I'm assuming you obviously do not, which further frustrates me as I'd like to think customer service along these lines is very very straight forward and that all my previous notes prior to this point would be passed on so we didn't have to go round in circles.

I posted on the HP support forums originally venting my furstration and explaining what I had done so far and where it had (not) got me. This is inclusive of everything in the link you have asked me to do. I followed that and did all that was asked prior to even contacting HP. None of it worked and the final steps that proceed to ask me to either purchase a new print head or service my machine is what ultimately made me lsoe my rag because the links all either went to dead ends, literally, or in circles to the point it was impossible to get any further, which lead me to then verbally express how poor the HP customer support website is.

So again, please stop wasting my time, tell me, without directing me to links I have already been to, service my machine or buy a replacement part. At this point you should have all my machine and personal information.

This really is terrible service.

Sincerely

xxxx

In conclusion, sadly, no one gives two hoots. For the record in the time it has taken us to get this far, I bought a Brother printer. Whilst I will continue to seek resolution for this issue, I have very little faith and will seek alternative contact methods going forward, starting with the DB for HP support on a higher/executive level, CEO's etc.. The site that gives out the more appropriate contact details
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.