Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have an officejet pro 8620 and it has started disconnecting from our wireless network and it will not reconnect. On the printer it shows that it is connected with solid blue light to the same wireless network we are trying to print from. However, on the pc (dell xps 9550) the printer shows as offline. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hp software multiple times to no avail. When I run the 'connect printer to wireless network' via hp software it doesn't set it up...even though the printer shows as connected to the network. I don't know what else to do.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @cohenfive

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are unable to print wireless and the printer is showing as Offline.

I'll be glad to help

Please download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from Here

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You Print a Network Config Page from the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the suggestions and I am seeing the printer, but it comes up with a Status "Error - Printing".  But at least I can now see that the printer is communicating.  Please advise

HP Recommended

If someone has an AT&T DSL modem/router like an Arris, here is another possible solution that was the answer in my case for a different printer but similar connectivity issue. Find the HPNA configuration setting and turn it off. I spent hours on this issue and that was the solution that finally worked. I hope it helps, just trying to save someone else the trouble we had. ATT  hpna Setting for printer communication.png

HP Recommended

Hi. Perhaps someone will be helped. IF you're using Windows 10 64bit, you HAVE TO run the software install in Windows 7 compatibility mode. If found this out after all the other potential solutions failed and I "remembered" having to do it. Running as an Administrator isn't necessary, the OJ8620_198.exe.... that's the one. Full version with all the trimmings download.

HP Recommended

Thebondservant:

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!

Colleen

HP Recommended

🤓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.