Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 862
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Printer worked and printed wirelessly for a couple of months and then all of a sudden it stopped being able to print wirelessly.

Everything seems correct, wireless connection, printing test paper, etc.

But when I print a MS office word file from T430 win 8.1 laptop, the print pool  show the status 'Printing' and then gone. In the panel of Officejet 8625, there is a message 'Printing Report' flashed in very shot time. Then nothing happans.

I tried to reinstall the printer, use HP  Printer Assist and HP Print and Scan Doctor, even check the printer status in printer's Web Serive, everyting seem Ok. In Embedded Web server, Tools->Job Magagement->Job Monitor, the job stutas shows 'Completed'

Any ideas on how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @ziyoo,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the issue that you're experiencing when trying to wirelessly print from your Windows 8.1 computer to your HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted prior to reaching out for support. At this time I do not think the wireless printing issue that you're experiencing is being caused by your printer or your network connection. Rather, I believe the wireless printing issue is being caused by your Operating System.

Recently Microsoft has released a Hot Fix to correct network printing issues within their Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Operating Systems. These wireless printing issues consist of 'partial printing' and 'offline' issues. The issues appear to affect multiple makes and models of wireless printers. Can I please have you click here to download the Hot Fix. Once the website opens please click the button for Hotfix Download Available. Please follow the onscreen prompts to install the Fix. Once the Fix has been installed please test printing again.  If printing still fails you may need to restart your computer to allow the Hot Fix to take affect. Once your computer comes back on please test printing again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Airprint works well too.  It is so weird. any idea?

HP Recommended

Hey @ziyoo,

I would like to assist you today with resolving the issue that you're experiencing when trying to wirelessly print from your Windows 8.1 computer to your HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted prior to reaching out for support. At this time I do not think the wireless printing issue that you're experiencing is being caused by your printer or your network connection. Rather, I believe the wireless printing issue is being caused by your Operating System.

Recently Microsoft has released a Hot Fix to correct network printing issues within their Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Operating Systems. These wireless printing issues consist of 'partial printing' and 'offline' issues. The issues appear to affect multiple makes and models of wireless printers. Can I please have you click here to download the Hot Fix. Once the website opens please click the button for Hotfix Download Available. Please follow the onscreen prompts to install the Fix. Once the Fix has been installed please test printing again.  If printing still fails you may need to restart your computer to allow the Hot Fix to take affect. Once your computer comes back on please test printing again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have tried everything suggested and printer still won't stay online.  I tried to download the hotfix, but it wasn't accessible. It continues to say to try back later.

HP Recommended

Hey @JulieM600,

I see that your HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer is failing to stay Online on your computer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. However, I do need to clarify what operating system you're using on your computer. If you're utilising Windows 8.1 then the Hotfix provided by Microsoft is the fix.

Here's another link to that fix: Windows 8.1 Printer Offline and Jobs Cancelled Hotfix. Once the website opens select the button for 'Hotfix Download Available.' The support document states for the Hotfix, under the 'Resolution: Get the hotfix for Windows 8.1' section that "To apply this update, you must first have update 2919355 installed in Windows 8.1." Also, if you have any issues downloading and installing the hotfix to "contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix."

If you are utilising Windows 10, the hotfix does not apply at this time.

Please let me know if you were able to get the hotfix installed. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

it is saying my Web server

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.