Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8715 All-in-one Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had to move my printer from a wireless network where it was working to a new wireless network.

The new wireless network does not detect the printer.

The control panel on the printer has the Wireless setup  wizard entry greyed out. Clicking it gives the message This feature has been locked by the person who setup the printer.   Printer says it has an IP address of 192.168.1.xxx (where xxx is a sensible value).  Router does not recognise this address as being allocated. 

There are several other entries in the control Panel also greyed out.

How do I unlock the wizard. ?

How do I set the printer back to Factory state ?

Would connecting the printer to my router by ethernet cable temporarily by of any benefit ?

The printer performs ok when connected by USB (eg prints, scans etc ).

I have installed the latest software.

Printer and windows 10 laptop are on the same wireless network 2.4 GHz.

Print and Scan Doctor tool is unable to solve the problem.

Browser times out trying to access 192.168.1.xxx  

Router and Printer are within 2 metres of each other.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ShlomiLwrote:

Hi,

Please swipe your finger from teh top of the screen to its bottom, then tap the Setup gear icon.

Under Tools select Restore Factory Defaults.

From the same Setup Menu select Network, the select Restore Network defaults too, be sure to confirm any prompt to restore both options.

Restart the printer and check again, if the issue remains please let me know.

Shlomi

Hi, Shlomil and thank you for your reply.

I will be unable to progress my problem until Tuesday and will respond then.

In the meantime can you suggest a way to "unlock" the Wireless setup wizard ?.

Going back to a factory reset is seen by mean as a last resort measure.

Also,

Would connecting the printer to my router by ethernet cable (temporarily) be of any benefit ?

For example can problems be easier to fix using an ethernet connection rather than USB.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please swipe your finger from teh top of the screen to its bottom, then tap the Setup gear icon.

From the same Setup Menu select Network, the select Restore Network defaults too, be sure to confirm any prompt to restore both options.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiLwrote:

Hi,

Shlomi

Hi, Shlomil and thank you for your reply.

I will be unable to progress my problem until Tuesday and will respond then.

In the meantime can you suggest a way to "unlock" the Wireless setup wizard ?.

Going back to a factory reset is seen by mean as a last resort measure.

Also,

Would connecting the printer to my router by ethernet cable (temporarily) be of any benefit ?

For example can problems be easier to fix using an ethernet connection rather than USB.

HP Recommended

Hi, Shlomil

In my absence the problem with the printer has been solved by a reset of the printer.  Unfortunately I have been unable to confirm the exact details.

Once again thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Ran an updated now telling me that wireless is locked by how set up the computer and it will not let me go back to factory settings

HP Recommended

@CGodby

Welcome to HP support community.

Restore the printer to the original network settings

1.From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings.

Set up the printer on your wireless network using Wireless setup Wizard

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless).

2. Touch ( Settings ).

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.