Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8715 (Yes, that's not a typo). I think it is a fairly common inkjet that replaced the Officejet Pro 8710. It kind of seems like HP doesn't know about this particular model of printer - the printer came with drivers for the Officejet Pro 8710 (not 8715). The printer is quite a bit different from the 8710 in both looks and mechanics. With these drivers, scanning was flakey at best. But they worked the majority of the time. I replaced my PC with a newer one, and the driver on the site now points to an app in the Microsoft store called "HP Smart." This app appears to be completely incompatible with the 8715 - it can't find the printer on the network. I think the printer is about 7 months old, but am not positive, but I wished HP focused their software development on making the printer work, rather than making the cloud work. I just want to be able to print and scan. There doesn't appear to be a way to download the older driver set.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can get both options.

Download and follow HP Easy Start by selecting the Basic of Full Feature HP Software option to get the software:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPEasyStart_11_5_4644_17.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.