12-06-2019 06:58 PM
My printer has stopped printing. I have uninstalled everything HP and reinstalled newest drivers. I can communicate via the browser, but can't get it to print. the only thing I can get it to do is Print a test page via the browser. nothing else works. I have also done a factory reset and updated the firmware to 1919A.00. It is using my WiFi secure. I really need to get this working, or I am going to throw it away.
12-06-2019 07:18 PM - edited 12-06-2019 07:19 PM
Will it make a copy?
If it does make a copy, try a Full remove/install.
Found this in a post.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing or scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers-
Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and /s
😎Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
12-07-2019 10:06 AM
I just opened the App HP Smart and ran all the reports on my printer. The only report that shows an error is the web Access Test results. It shows under DNS Confirmed FAILED. What does that mean? I was able to print all the reports from my computer via the App just fine? I don't get it? Someone help me please!!!!!!