Jooboo1962
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet j4580 no longer has custom paper size option

HP Officejet j4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my HP Officejet j4580 for a while now and I use custom sizes for my side business printing. And now all of a sudden that option is gone!. My business has slowed down to a crawl! What happen to the custom option I use to have when I first got this printer? It suddenly has disappeared! I am running Windows 10 64bit and have gone through the option in Windows to make a custom size and it shows its in there. But it don't show in the drop-down menu when I get ready to choose the certain size to print. I have heard many people that have had this problem with HP printers also and nobody can figure out why they can't fix this. I have done all the updates for this printer and I think thats the problem....Any ideas or options for this?...I use mostly the custom size 3.75 X 5.75 which is just slightly larger then a standard index card. If I can't get this figured out I will have to maybe find other options like going to a different brand of printer.....Any ideas how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Level 14
11,477 11,472 774 1,430
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the original disc give that a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
Jooboo1962
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I did not try to use the "original" CD for it.....Hate to go through all of that because the CD can take up to 45 minutes because all of the garbage thats on there that I would never use. ......But....If thats what it takes I guess thats what I will have to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jooboo1962
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh and by the way...The original disk will not work on windows 10...It rejects it. It will not let me use this CD.

0 Kudos
Level 14
11,477 11,472 774 1,430
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can find the full feature software here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation