Did you mean: 
RTW-1 Tutor
Tutor
5 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet pro 6830 e all-in-one printer jam and printer failure message 0x6100004a

Office jet 6830 e
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

*************************************  PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED ********************************

I followed the solutions/steps in the following knowledge base link (especially Solution 4)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model...

I have not used this printer for several weeks. I replaced the old ink cartridges. The previous ink cartridges indicated a low ink warning message. The printer indicates full ink cartridges after replacing with new cartridges. 

The problem I’m having is two fold. 1st issue, I receive a paper jam error message when the printer starts up. There is no paper jam. when I press “ok”, the printer continues startup. 2nd issue, I receive the error message 

0x6100004a “there is a problem with the printer or inksystem, turn the printer off, then on.if you continue to get this message contact hp”. I’ve tried turning the printer “off” then “on”, reseating the ink cartridges all to no avail.

The  printer’s warranty expired. I need help at this point! Thank you.

Regards,

Rick

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
30,359 25,907 2,372 7,960
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet pro 6830 e all-in-one printer jam and printer failure message 0x6100004a

Rick - for the benefit of others that may have similar issues please post how you fixed the issue and then mark it as the solution.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation