03-12-2018 12:17 PM
My officejet pro 6975 is not printing in color, only black and white. All the color cartriges are new.
03-13-2018 02:25 PM - edited 03-13-2018 04:25 PM
Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding issues with printing in color. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after any power outage or surge?
- Did this occur after a recent software or Windows update?
- Did you make copies directly from the printer and check if it copies correctly?
For now, try these steps:
Make 2 copies in color directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.
If it copies fine it could be a driver issue.
Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, (it can be accessed from Control Panel) select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
Restart the PC again.
- Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2Gt3NRq and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This should fix the issue.
- For further assistance, please check this document: http://hp.care/2friniH (HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)
Please check the instructions under the section “Color and black & white settings”
If it fails to copy correctly, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2FzxJOv HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality)
Now check if the issue gets fixed. If it continues, please replace the faulty ink cartridge by contacting HP phone support and this should fix the issue as long as there are no hardware issues with the printer. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.
- Please contact HP phone support via this link: http://hp.care/2moMFSc
- Then follow ether on-screen instructions.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
04-21-2019 08:25 PM
try these steps :
1. Go to settings 🔧 > reports> Print quality report
2. If it printed the colors, uninstall and reinstall the print driver in your computer
3. If it didnt print colors,go to settings again> printer maintenance> clean printhead or clean cartridge.
4. If still no color after the automated cleaning, contact HP printer support for printer replacement.