Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 7740 G5J38A s/N cn7ct250w4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am continually getting the remove and reinstall error on my cartridges. This is been going on for two days and today is very important that I needed my printer and I have none I'm about to throw it out the door and catch it on fire stomp it running with my car and beat it with the neighbors dog. Please help me. I have done everything that I read the other forms and everything that I was told to do yesterday online and still getting the same thing. At one point it told me to change another one of my cartridges and I did and then it now also tells me on that one to remove and reinstall I put in an old cartilage on the yellow and it did print two copies of something before it all went berserk again. Now I have all new cartridges in there I totally hard reset it I have clean the heads I've done it all and I'm still getting the same messages but only on two of them now. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Also when I click to hide the message about reinstalling the ink cartridges and then sometimes will tell me all five of them that there is one damaged or one that is empty

HP Recommended

Hi @Wvagreen76

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue.

If the error persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue either with the ink cartridges or the printer itslef. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.